Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Marked Iimprovement-US Citizens Stingy

I was relieved to hear my new friend in Mexico is doing a little better. He has been fighting against all odds. We are concerned he is not getting enough treatment and the little better that he is doing will not be enough.

Friend Erin Kennedy from Castle Rock, Colorado, has been working non-stop. She has been consulting with doctors at Children's Hospital in Denver. There is talk of a medical visa. We are lucky to have Erin on our side.

"There is talk of a medical Visa."

I was looking at Eduardo's picture today, and he is so thin. This is a kid that had a lot of energy and a lot of heart. I have a difficult time understanding why god makes these decisions, but I know it is not in my hands.

I have a harder time understanding why my fellow Americans, especially the people of Denver, have been unwilling to respond. I kind of understand it in a way. I have taken the same attitude many times. I was afraid of getting scammed, I was selfish and justified being stingy because I did not know the victim.


"I have a hard time understanding why my fellow Americans, especially the people of Denver, have been unwilling to respond"


When I say people of Denver, I am talking about those who do not know us personally. Those who are familiar with the Salazar family have been very generous. They understand how serious this is and how much we need the help. The problem is, most of them are poor people and their is a limit to how much they can give.

Our latest thought is an Internet auction. If people don't have money they surely have something they don't want. I spoke with the eBay on-line help people and for the first time I can say they were zero help. After getting transferred five times I finally gave up. At least I have know we can't use the word charity. Heck, this just came up, how would we be a charity already?

"If people don't have money they surely have something they don't want and can give."

I am a Strong believer in higher powers. I don't know what my higher power wants from me, or for Eduardo. I don't know what the future holds for anyone. If God wants Eduardo, as he will want all of us one day, then so be it. I must do my part, and we are all asking others to do their part. Maybe that really is nothing. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment